Natural living enthusiasts rejoice! Spring has come again. It’s time to open the windows, break out the shovels, dig in the garden, and … track all manner of dirt and grime into your home?
That’s right. Spring also means it’s time to clean – whether it’s just a few errant muddy footprints or the whole house – Natural Living Ideas has you covered with these 40 green cleaning tips for every room in your home using simple, non-toxic ingredients.
Only four ingredients are required for the majority of these tips, including:
- baking soda
- rubbing alcohol
- white vinegar
- lemon essential oil
In the Bathroom
1. Clean, disinfect, and deodorize bathroom surfaces by spraying with undiluted white vingar. Allow to soak, then wipe away and rinse with hot water.
2. Make your own disinfecting wipes for counter tops and other bathroom surfaces by adding rubbing alcohol to a pack of chemical free baby wipes – or try making your own baby wipes.
3. Instead of ammonia, try using a mixture of vinegar and water to clean mirrors and other glass surfaces.
4. Mix equal parts vinegar and warm water in the bottom of the tub or sink. Allow it to soak for at least 15 minutes before scrubbing away grime. Drain then rinse with with hot water.
5. Clean and shine faucets and other metal surfaces using a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol.
In the Kitchen
1. Clean your stove and oven by spraying with vinegar or vinegar diluted in warm water. Allow to soak for about 15 minutes before wiping away, then rinse with hot water.
2. For stubborn stuck on food in the oven, try scrubbing with a crumpled piece of aluminum foil.
3. Remove hard water deposits from the dishwasher and prevent new ones by adding in a cup of vinegar during the rinse cycle.
4. Remove grease from stove tops and other surfaces by mixing baking soda and warm water into a paste. Scrub with a damp cloth and rinse with warm water.
5. Sprinkle baking soda onto fresh oil and grease splatters, allow it to soak up the liquid, then simply brush away for an easy clean-up.
6. After cleaning granite counter tops, spray them with a mixture of equal parts rubbing alcohol and water to keep them looking shiny and new.
Read more: https://www.naturallivingideas.com/40-green-cleaning-tips-for-every-room-in-your-home/