Have you always been curious about essential oils? Now’s your chance to give them a go, as today we’re sharing 43 fantastic uses for essential oils.
One of the many beauties of essential oils is that they’re so easy to use. With such a variety of scents available too, there really is something for everyone.
From giving you glorious skin to making your house smell fresher than ever, discover our great essential oils uses today!
Uses for essential oils – cleaning
Get your pillows smelling lovely and fresh.
1. Fabric spray: add 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda to an empty spray bottle, add 2 cups of water and shake to combine. Add 10 drops of your favourite essential oil, then spray onto fabric.
2. Clean pans: use lemon oil along with hot water to make removing tough, burnt-on food much easier.
3. Add a fresh scent to laundry: give your laundry a fragrant smell by adding 10 drops to your detergent drawer along with your washing powder/liquid.
4. Kill mould: mix 1 teaspoon tea tree oil with 1 cup of water and spray onto the problem area. Leave for 30 minutes then wipe clean.
5. How to get rid of cooking odours: to get rid of cooking smells using essential oils, simmer a pan of water and add a few drops of clove, cinnamon or citrus oils.
Fresh produce needs a thorough cleaning.
6. Wash fruit & veg: use lemon oil and water to remove pesticides and other residues from fresh produce.
7. Homemade all-purpose cleaner: Add 3 drops of lemon oil and 3 drops tea tree oil to a spray bottle, top with warm water and spray onto countertops.
8. Keep your rubbish bin smelling fresh: Add a few drop of lemon and tea tree oil to a ball of cotton wool and place at the bottom of your rubbish bin to combat odours.
9. Make your bathroom smell fresh: Use your favourite essential oils to keep your bathroom smelling fresh. Just add a few drops to the inside of your toilet roll tube.
Get stinky shoes smelling great!
10. Deodorise shoes: to make a ‘stinky shoe spray’, add 6 drops peppermint oil, 4 drops tea tree oil, 2 drops eucalyptus oil and 1 drop thyme oil to a small spray bottle and top with water. Spray the essential oil mix into shoes to freshen them.
11. Fresh-smelling vacuum cleaner: add 5-10 drops to your vacuum cleaner bag to keep it smelling fresh.
Essential oils are SO versatile!
12. Essential oil uses in the dishwasher: Make your tableware smell lovelier than ever by adding a few drops of lemon essential oils to your tablet drawer.
13. Deodorise your fridge using essential oils: when washing out your fridge, add a few drops of lemon, lime or grapefruit oil to the water to help banish stubborn smells.
14. How to remove sticky substances: deal with oily or sticky substances in a flash by rubbing lemon oil into them with a clean cloth.
The easy way to deodorise carpets and rugs.
15. Using essential oils to refresh your carpet: dirty carpet? Add lavender, lemon or geranium essential oils to bicarbonate of soda, sprinkle onto your carpet, leave for 15 minutes then vacuum clean.
16. How to disinfect your dish sponge: did you know dish sponges are one of the germiest items in the home? You can use lemon essential oils to disinfect yours between uses.
17. Repel spiders using essential oils: good news, spiders hate essential oils! Add 10 drops peppermint oil to a spray bottle of water and spray around windows to repel those eight-legged critters.
Read more: https://experthometips.com/43-essential-oil-uses-beauty-health-home-cleaninga