Raise your hand if you agree: November went by way too quickly. I don’t know where the month went, but suddenly Christmas music is playing on repeat, trees are lit in my neighbor’s windows, every store is decked with holiday decorations, and every catalogue that arrives at my apartment is chock-full of gift ideas. And I’ll admit, while I love the holidays as much as the next girl, I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. Mostly because once December hits (tomorrow!), I know it’s the beginning of holiday party season, which means I’ll stress about what to wear—and more importantly, what to bring as a gift—for about three weeks straight.
So, in order to ease my anxiety, this year I decided to simplify things and gift the one item everyone loves: WINE. Whether you’re invited to a holiday party, a white elephant gift exchange with girlfriends, or dinner with the boyfriend’s parents or your in-laws, a good bottle of vino is a pretty foolproof gift. But because showing up to a party with just the wine sometimes feels boring, we’re breaking down three ways to spruce up your wine gift this holiday season with help from our friends over at Kendall-Jackson.
According to Emily Papach, a master sommelier (the highest level of trained wine professional) with the Kendall-Jackson family winery, the type of wine you gift speaks volumes, so make sure you’re being intentional when navigating the wine aisle. “Wine is a really personal thing, and everyone has a different threshold for price point,” she says. “But you really can’t go wrong when gifting it. In general, in celebration of the season and the generosity of gift giving, wine is a really good fit because it shows that you’re thinking of the recipient, and you’re also gifting them with something they can immediately use and toast to the holiday season.”
We couldn’t agree more, and today, we’re sharing three DIYs to elevate your wine-gifting game this year. As an added bonus, receive 20 percent off your next wine purchase and free shipping at KJ.comusing promo-code KJxTEGWineNights, now through the end of December 2016!
WINE GIFT #1: THE TEA TOWEL
Perfect for: A holiday party, neighbor, or the hostess with the most-est
What You’ll Need:
- Wine of choice: Kendall-Jackson AVANT and Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Pinot Noir. K-J AVANT Red Blend is fruit-forward and smooth, perfect for a more casual celebration with friends. K-J Vintner’s Reserve Pinot Noir, with flavors of red fruit and elegant earthy notes, is soft and toasty, making it ideal for your next dinner party.
- A patterned tea towel
- Twine or ribbon
How to: While there are a variety of ways to wrap wine in a tea towel, we’re sharing two of our favorites here.
1. Lay the tea towel vertically on a flat surface, and fold the bottom half of the towel up to the top corners (this step will depend on the size of your towel).
2. Place the wine in the lower left corner of the tea towel and fold it over the curve of the bottle.
3. Continue rolling the bottle on its side until you’ve reached the end of the fabric. You can secure the overlapped fabric with a straight pin if needed.
4. Tie a ribbon tightly at the bottom of the bottle’s neck, and be careful when handling, as there is no tea towel to support the bottom of the bottle.
Read more: http://theeverygirl.com/ditch-the-wine-bag-3-creative-ways-to-gift-a-bottle-of-wine/