We’re all about natural scents in our home — whether we’re relaxing on the couch, entertaining friends or even cleaning. And if that soothing aroma comes from a pretty accessory, even better. These DIY diffusers let you customize your favorite essential oil combo — we love lavender and eucalyptus — and add cute accents that match your decor. It doesn’t get much better than that!
- almond oil
- Essential oil
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Stir sticks
- Clear glue
- Baker’s twine
- Washi tape
1. Mix together 1/4 cup sweet almond oil with one tablespoon of vodka and two teaspoons of essential oil. The sweet almond oil will travel up the reed and carry the essential oil along with it, which is why it’s called a “carrier oil.” Safflower oil, mineral oil or jojoba oil work just as well.
2. Wrap baker’s twine around your bottle, using clear glue every inch or so to secure the twine in place.
3. Let the glue dry, then peel off any extra residue. It should come off easily — try a toothpick for any stubborn bits.
4. Add decorative accents with washi tape.
5. Use a funnel to pour your oil and vodka mixture into the bottle.
6. Add four or five reeds.
7. Let the oil soak into the reeds for a few minutes, then flip them over. Flip reeds every week or so to refresh the scent.
Article Source: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/